What is urbanization? What cause urbanization? What does urbanization brought to us? In 19th Century, England is going through the process of urbanization. Many major cities in England were being urbanized. People were compressed into cities. Many factories were being built and people no longer work in home. They started to work in factories. Urbanization has brought prosperous and growth in cities. For example, the inventions and improvements of new technology. However, urbanization also brought diseases and pollutions. The waste from factories poisoned the environment and damage human health. Therefore, there are still some debates over whether urbanization is good or not.
What cause urbanization? In the 19th century, the entire British Empire is being urbanized. One of the major causes for this phenomenon is exploitation. Before Industrial Revolution start, people in England used to work on farms and fields. However, when the industrial revolution started, the lands were taken by landowners to build factories. Without lands, people lost their jobs and were forced to look for a job in factories. Over time, more and more people moved to the factories vicinity because of work. The population in that area grows rapidly, and eventually transformed that specific area into cities. Cities will continue to grow as more and more people move into the area because of work and life. Therefore, urbanization takes place. Also, people were looking for better opportunities and good life style in cities. They believed cities brought prosperity as well as wealth to them.
- Which main topic does this artifact relate to? In what way? This topic is related to the causes and consequences of urbanization, as well as the cons and pros of urbanization.
- Why did you choose this artifact, and how much time did you spend on creating the artifact? Urbanization has become very common to people in the modern world, and I think it is neccessary for peopel to know what is urbanization and what is the goods and bads about it. I spend about one and a half hour on this artifact.
- What understanding have you gained from the creation process of this artifact? I have understand the causes and effects of urbaniztion.
- Does this artifact reflect your best work and ideas? Why or why not? Yes, I have thought a lot about the causes and the consequences of urbanization, as well as its pros and cons.
- Any additional comment? None
- Quality of your portfolio(4)
- Level of enjoyment (4)
- Learning (5)
- Level of creativity and originality (5)