1801. 1. 1. Act of Union creates the United Kingdom
1850. 3. 5. Britain and France declared war on Russia. Crimean War begin
|The Great Exhibition|
|Indian Mutiny 1857|
1861. 12. 14. Prince Albert died at the age of 42
1868. 12. 9. William Gladstone becomes prime minister
1870. 8. 9. Women obtain limited rights to retain their property after marriage
1876. 5. 1. Victoria is declared empress of India
- Which main topic does this artifact relate to? In what way? This artifact is the timeline of the British Empire from 1800-1900.
- Why did you choose this artifact, and how much time did you spend on creating the artifact? I spend about one and a half hour on this artifact. The events I choose are mostly major events in the British Empire during the 1800s.
- What understanding have you gained from the creation process of this artifact? I have learned about some of the most influential events happen in the British Empire.
- Does this artifact reflect your best work and ideas? Why or why not? Yes, the events in the timeline are all facts, so it is impossible to change it. However, I have try to put as many illustration as I could to make it look more interesting.
- Any additional comment?
- Quality of your portfolio (4)
- Level of enjoyment (4)
- Learning (5)
- Level of creativity and originality (4)